My recipes are delicious, simple and aimed at nourishing my body. The recipes I share on The Green Creator reflect the most nutrient dense foods that are:
✓ whole food plant-based
✓ heavy on the greens & beans #BeansAreSexy
✓ no meat, eggs, cheese (fully vegan)
✓ free of white refined sugars (I use fruit sugars)
✓ my recipes often contain little to no oil and salt (these are optional)
Occasionally I also share recipes that are not whole food plant-based. These are recipes that are “only” vegan, but for example contain far more fats (like nuts or oils), fruit sugars (such as dates) or salt. This is called balance. Something like 80/20 …. or 80/10. It’s all about what I personally prefer/need.
Healthy plant-based eating doesn’t have to be complicated; in fact it’s quite the opposite. Eating whole real foods in their most natural state, it doesn’t get simpler than this.
The food we consume will not only reflect in how we look, but also how we feel and think too. My philosophy stems from my desire to show you how easy, delicious, nutritious and affordable it is to follow a plant-based diet.
However, The Green Creator lifestyle is far more than nutrition and food related. Very important topics of The Green Creator lifestyle involve stress management, moving your body, healthy and positive relationships with others, nourishing food, sleeping well, drinking water and engaging in work that makes you happy.
- Back-to-basics. I eat real whole foods that I can trace back to the source. Foods without packaging are good. Also foods that need to be prepared, washed and cut are a good choice.
- Plant based. Scientific research has clearly shown the many health benefits of eating a diet high in plant foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes and beans.
- Rest and drink. Hydration and sleep are totally priority number one. Without proper hydration and without enough sleep my body can’t function and recover well.
- The longer the shelf life, the shorter your life. If I can’t pronounce/recognize a food ingredient listed, I rather not eat it. Foods without a food label and meals made from scratch is what I love.
- Move! The body is designed to move. Eating the best foods in the world will not make me healthy if I don’t move. I try to move as much as possible and walk a lot (around 10,000 steps a day).
- Gut health. A happy gut is a happy mind and a happy body. Making sure my gut is ok, is key.
- Mind. I find an happy and healthy mind as important as the food I eat.